friend zone • sexism • truth bomb •
In case you were interested in my fun facebook conversation in which I learned that I am
Among other delightful tidbits such as
Facebook War with Jeff Pyle (of Shit) - My posts start on pic #4.
TW for Abuse Talk on slides 8-10
- The claim that his statements of opinion are “inarguable fact.”
- An accusation of “reverse discrimination.”
- The part where I get called a Black Panther. BAHAHA
- The part where he admits that he thinks corporations are people.
- The part where we almost find common ground about social assistance programs.
- THIS: “So don’t give me any if this “privilege ” crap. We have a black president a woman for secretary of state another black man running for president right next to another woman running for president. Your race and gender argument doesn’t hold water anymore.”
And for those who criticize the failure on my part to censor names, this blog has always been full-disclosure. I don’t protect the names of my oppressors nor their allies.
Sara you are the ~baddest bitch~see also: Feminism • Facebook • misogyny • sexism • racism • classism • ableism • privilege • white privilege • occupy • OWS • occupypdx • feminism •
THIS. And also, this guy. You should follow him if you don’t already.
They left out a step for the women:
Feel inferior/jealous because you think the other woman is prettier than you.
DON’T LIE. WE’VE ALL BEEN THERE.
I’m a guy.
Me too, apparently.
Yeah, I think I’m a guy, too…
The reason most of my friends are dudes
Omg, seriously you guys? Are we really STILL buying into bullshit like this?
I’m especially looking at all the women who reblogged this and said something to effect of, “This is why I’m not friends with girls.”
Are you shitting me right now? Do you even realize how internalized your sexism is?
I’m so fucking sick of these “jokes” about how women are all vain, catty, jealous bitches who hate each other. All they do is perpetuate sexist and misogynistic stereotypes that hold women down, and yes, even the women who laugh at them and say, “Totally! That’s why I’m only friends with men!”
Like seriously, why would you be okay with “jokes” that dehumanize you and uphold a social system that holds you down?
Women are NOT inherently like this. The world just tells us we are.
DON’T BUY INTO IT.
The sad thing is that I remember laughing at this the first time I read it. Now it just disgusts me.see also: internalized misogyny • sexism • gender issues • ridiculous • wtf • special snowflake syndrome •